Traveling with a baby isn’t that tough! Yes, we know the struggles of travel with a baby. As a result people generally drop the idea of traveling in the initial years of the baby. But, hey!
No, traveling with a baby is a brilliant idea for your family to add more value to your trip. As young parents, you might also feel a bit happy and this idea would help you to sit back and relax. If you are also confused about where to take your baby or which are the most baby-friendly countries in the world so, here you go. This blog is all about some of the best places to travel with a baby. Along with some tips of dos and don’ts that will assure you a safe and memorable trip.
Isn’t that interesting!
Best Baby Friendly Places
1. COSTA RICA
The first destination is Costa Rica, which is a perfect place for families especially if you have a toddler with you. This is an ideal place to travel if you are a nature lover as you will spot a panoramic landscape, flora, and fauna.
Here are some points which make this destination unique
- When you talk about hotels and resorts then, this place has a baby and budget-friendly hotels. In fact, most of the hotels provide cribs for babies. You can check online which hotel is baby-friendly. When we talk about tub baths for your baby, you might not find them in every hotel. However, there are some highly expensive hotels that might have tubs. You can buy some affordable plastic tubs from Baby stores nearby.
- There are various activities that you as well as your baby would love. You can plan your day near a beachside or go for a national park and reserve.
- Now, comes the other important aspect apart from hotels and beautiful landscapes is safety. Don’t worry about safety as this place is pretty much safe for baby and the crime rate is also very low. If we talk about clean water and food, then, your baby can try some fruits and local dishes of the place.
- The best part about going to Costa Rica is you get priority at the airport so; you don’t have to wait for long queues.
- Breastfeeding at a public place is not an issue in Costa Rica. There are many women who are found breastfeeding in the open. The only trouble you might face is a lack of baby changing places at the stations. So, there is not any particular place at the station to change the diaper so, try to carry a travel-size changing pad so that you can change it anywhere from park benches to floors. Carry an extra cloth to put the baby in for changing pad.
- Keep the baby essential with you including diapers, bottles, pacifiers so that you don’t have to waste much time looking for the essentials. Even if you forget anything then, don’t worry everything is easily available in the baby store.
2. VANCOUVER, CANADA
Vancouver is one of the most loved cities in North America and the best part about this place is that it is an ideal space for kids of all age groups as well as adults.
Some key points that make Vancouver different from other places are:
- There are so many interactive museums, playgrounds, and sandy beaches. They have a strong public transport system from sky trains to buses you have it all. There are so many indoor and outdoor activities for babies as well as for parents. Vancouver has so many options for kids as well as adults you can enjoy a walk at Stanley Park or go for whale watching. This place is filled with so many options.
- The restaurants have baby-friendly accommodation from meals to high chairs to changing tables they have it all. In fact, they ask you whether you want to heat baby’s milk. All the necessary baby essentials are available in the supermarkets and baby stores easily.
- Breastfeeding is quite common; mothers are often seen in public feeding their little ones. If you are traveling with a baby try to travel between April to October.
Japan is one of the best locations to travel with a baby. It is pretty much safe to travel with children but some cities like Tokyo and Koyoto are not good from a parent’s point of view.
Why is Japan one of the best destinations to travel with your baby?
- It is one of the cleanest countries so don’t worry about clean food and clean water. There are shopping malls that provide free strollers or baby seats and restaurants.
- From trains to malls to restaurants to streets they have a changing table available everywhere. There are special rooms in malls as well as trains for feeding babies. There are some handy baby chairs attached to the walls where you can keep your baby safe when you are occupied.
- You keep your luggage anywhere without the fear of getting stolen. Buying kid’s items is not a difficult job, you can find it anywhere in the supermarkets or pharmacies. But you need to hunt a lot for baby food as they have sugar in everything!
- People in Japan are quite reserved but yes, they love babies. You can go to a Japanese garden for a day out with the baby. The hotels are baby-friendly but it would be advised to carry a pop-up tent as they don’t have separate baby beds available. You can prefer Airbnb’s as well if you don’t want to spend too much on hotels. Don’t pack too much carry as minimum as you can.
- Try to go to nearby spots and don’t be in a hurry to cover the entire city in one go. Travel slowly and take proper breaks and rest in between. Prefer public transport as hiring a taxi is a bit expensive. For communication, you can use Google translator as it might be a bit difficult to communicate.
- You might have some challenges as communication is quite difficult but honestly, these challenges are worthy to make your trip valuable and memorable.
4. TUSCANY, ITALY
Undoubtedly, Italy is one of the most beautiful destinations and the plus point is it is baby-friendly.
- People here are so friendly and love to help parents with a little one. The place is filled with many family and baby-friendly spots. One of the most recommended places to visit in Italy is Tuscany. The Leaning Tower of Pisa and the Boboli Gardens are the best spots to take your baby in Tuscany.
- It is quite difficult to find a baby changing table in public, so carry a mat along with you. Book your taxi in advance so, that you can request a baby seat as well.
- In restaurants, there is no separate menu for kids. The kids and the adults enjoy the same menu. There are many places to go like the hilltop of Pienza, Forte Dei Marmi, or taste the red wines as Italy is quite famous for its wines.
5. LONDON, ENGLAND
London is one of the best destinations to travel with a baby for the following reasons:
- When we talk about the facilities this place has many parent rooms as well as changing rooms easily available.
- This place has an excellent public transportation system in fact at some destination that is easily accessible on foot. Children under the age of 5 can travel free in public transports. You can use a step-free tube map to know about navigation.
- Public breastfeeding is completely normal and you will spot women breastfeeding the infants in public.
- The restaurants have high chair facilities available. You will be surprised to know that there is a baby disco so if your baby is a bit older he/she can have fun over here. Along with it, there are city farms, zoos, and children’s theatres as well.
- You can find baby essentials easily from nappies to wipes to different flavors of baby food. If you want to buy clothes for your baby you can find it in many supermarkets and shops here.
6. DUBLIN IN IRELAND
Dublin is another place that is a perfect destination where you can travel with the baby because:
- The plus point of this place is you can visit many tourist spots merely by walking and there are wide footpaths available for baby strollers and buggies.
- There are many parks for kids to enjoy, ducks to fascinate, a zoo in Phoenix Park. You can visit Dublin Children’s museum where two floors are made for kids to play and enjoy indoor activities. The costing for 6 to 12-month toddlers is £2 and for 1 to 2 years is £6.
- This place is baby-friendly and the restaurants over here are family-friendly. There is a baby bowl for kids available in restaurants. These bowls are not there on the menu but you can easily ask for it and the good news is sometimes it’s free! They have high chairs and menus for kids.
- Baby essentials are easily available throughout the entire nation in pharmacy and supermarkets. Look for hotels which are family-friendly in fact you can look for accommodation near Lucas Line. The hotels have lifts and strollers but you need to request for it.
- Carry a blanket with you as many places do not have a changing table. If we talk about the weather, then, overdressing is always a good option. Carry a baby carrier with you while you travel To Blarney or Kilkenny Castle. You can also take a drive to the Dingle Peninsula.
7. NEW YORK, USA
New York is super fun to travel with toddlers; your baby is just going to love this place.
- There are many museums like the American Museum of Natural History, MoMA or the Guggenheim. You can simply opt for a walk to Central Park or go to Staten Island Ferry or play space.
- Prefer to walk or if you book a car check the availability of baby seats at the time of booking. Subways are not that bad so you can opt for it but try to avoid rush hours. You can take a ferry ride to get some of the stunning views from the water.
- When we talk about accommodation you can book an apartment suite with a separate bedroom so that the baby can sleep and you can stay awake without disturbing your little one.
- There are very few changing tables available so carry a cloth or a blanket with you.
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND WHILE TRAVELLING WITH THE BABY
1) The first and foremost thing is to keep your travel short. Choose the destination keeping in mind about the infant you are traveling with. Prefer a flight with a short duration. It is better to choose 5 to 7 hours in comparison to 12-15 hours of travel.
2) Another important factor that contributes to an easy journey is transportation. While some places have an excellent public transportation system. At some other places, you need to hire cabs that have baby seats. You can also rent a car and add a baby seat to it. So, choose a destination that is baby-friendly.
3) Be careful about the climate of the place that you are planning to travel to. Keep a check on the weather conditions. Look for a travel place which has a pleasant temperature as too much heat results in rashes and too much rain results in humidity.
4) Travel to the places which are baby friendly as well as safe for your little one.
5) Prefer places that have health centers and stores that keep baby essentials nearby. While deciding hotels look for hotels that have facilities for baby. Prefer restaurants that have high chairs available.
6) Try to pack minimum and lightweight essentials with you. Don’t panic to keep many nappies or baby food for your baby as it would be easily available. Carry a sling bag to keep your mobile, wallet, or passport and keep your hands free.
7) Take proper rest before starting your journey so that you could avoid panic and stress.
8) Make sure to give your baby as much as liquids possible on the trip to keep him/her hydrated.
9) Carry sanitizer, homemade oral rehydration solution, and wipes on your travel to yourself and your baby clean and hygienic.
10) While you are traveling get some toys along with you so that your baby doesn’t get bored and remain entertained.
11) Try to take dinners early as this might help you to get some extra space and time.
12) Having travel insurance is not a bad idea as there are possibilities of taking your little one to doctor or emergencies. Travel insurance work as wonder at that time and taking precautions is always better.
13)Try to look for front seats if you are traveling via a flight. As it gives you some extra space with easy access to getting in or not.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Is traveling with a baby safe?
Traveling with a baby is a completely new experience. You might worry a little at first but if you take all the necessary precautions, this trip would turn out to be one of the best experiences of your life. Look for the destination, climate, transportation, and accommodation which are baby-friendly.
2) What are the things that you need to pack while traveling with a baby?
Here is what we recommend you pack while you travel with the baby.
LIST OF BABY ESSENTIALS THAT YOU NEED TO PACK
- Sling or fanny bag to keep essentials and your hand free.
- Baby food as you might not be able to find the same brand in some destinations.
- An extra blanket, towel or cloth
- Trash bag
- Hand sanitizer or wipe tissues to maintain the cleanliness.
These options are completely up to you whether you want to carry it or not.
- Baby carrier
- Car seat
3) When is the best time to travel with the baby?
The right time to travel with the baby as per doctors’ suggestion is when his/ her immune system develops. Generally, it takes one month for full-term infants or in other cases between three to six months.
4) Are there any additional fees for carrying a car seat?
For airlines, the safety and security of children matter the most. So, there is no additional fee for car seats and strollers.
5) Is there any need for baby ear protection gears while flying?
No doubt airplanes are quite noisy. It is a good idea to have ear muffs while flying. Try to avoid cotton balls or earplugs as it might be harmful to the baby.
6) Is Costa Rica safe for babies to travel?
Costa Rica is pretty safe and a baby-friendly destination. The crime rate here is quite low.
7) Is Japan safe to travel with a baby?
Yes, Japan is one of the cleanest and safest places to travel with the baby. The people over there are reserved but love babies. You won’t have to worry about your things being stolen.
8) Which are the best places to travel in Italy?
Italy has many places and tourist spots ideal for babies. The best cities to travel to Italy are Florence and Tuscany. There are various parks and zoo to explore.
These were some of the best places to travel with a baby. Make your travel even more memorable with your baby and don’t let your vacation plans to get postpone until your baby grows up. Traveling with a baby in itself is a whole new experience especially when you are young parents. It helps you to get better understanding and compatibility.
Travelling is super fun so, don’t panic or stress much about traveling with a toddler. The trip with your little one adds more value and experience to your life. Undoubtedly, it will turn an unforgettable memory that you will cherish your entire life. So, stop wasting time, and pack your bags, check out all the essential information and book your flights.
You can read further more Baby Travel Tips!
More to Check Out!
- Top 5 Best Places To Live In Colorado
- 8 Best things to do in Gatlinburg
- Best Places to Visit in September
- The Best Time To Visit Dominican Republic