Listed 7 best surfing spots in the world an much more in this article, stay tuned, and jump into the topic!
Surfing is once in a lifetime experience especially if you are an adventure seeker. It seems fancy and is really attractive. If you also love to play with waves of water and surfing is something that excites you, this blog will help you to know some of the must-try surfing spots in the world.
List of Best Surfing Spots In The World
Here is a list of the world’s best surfing spots that you must visit at least once if you call yourself a surfer.
The Surfing Town of Hoddevik, Norway
Hoddevik in Norway is quite famous as a surfing town. The best time to visit Hoddevik is between March to September. One of the best surfing spots in the world! The water here is quite cold yet the experience is worthy enough. There are no fixed prices. Don’t forget to carry a thick wetsuit with you however, if you are planning to visit before October then, a thin wetsuit will also work. There are so many pretty beaches with not much crowd. You can find accommodations in nearby villages easily.
Playa Grande In The Land Of Sunset, Costa Rica
Playa Grande is not only known for its surfing experience but also for mesmerizing sunsets. The water is warm here for the entire year and you can plan your visit at any time of the year. The approximate cost is USD 20 per day. This place is a paradise for surfers and the amazing, gorgeous blue water adds more beauty to this place. There are plenty of activities that you can enjoy. If you are not a surfer then, you can just relax by enjoying beauty.
The Unexplored Tofo Beach, Mozambique
This Beach is quite unexplored and a small yet pretty beach town. It is one of the best places for beginners in surfing. Do you know which the best time to visit this island is?
It is all round the year and you can learn surfing lessons from GBP 12 per day per person. You will find many coral reefs all around. You can spot dolphins, whales, sharks, and many other migratory birds as well.
The Beginners Surfing Point, California
California is one of the best surfing spots in the world when it comes to surfing. This is an ideal place for all the beginners out there. San Onofre, County Line, Cowell’s, and Morro Bay are some of the best spots for the beginners.
San Onofre is an ideal spot for people who are beginners in surfing. You can practice and build your foundation skills here.
The County Line has different heights and waves. So, you can choose which wave to opt depending on your skills. Beginners can opt for small waves while people who are experts can hunt for big waves. But be careful.
Morro Bay is a perfect surfing spot and at the same time is loved by beach lovers as well. From big to small you will find many varieties of waves here.
If you want to practice pop up, nothing can be better than Cowell’s beach. This place offers amazing views and is great for people who are beginners in surfing.
The Charming Pipeline, Hawaii
You can explore the charming town and mesmerizing beaches along with surfing experience. There are world premiere surfing competitions organized during the winter season. The Vans Triple Crown surfing is one of the competitions which is generally held between November and December. If you aren’t a pro try to avoid huge waves as they can be quite dangerous. The peak month to visit is between November and February. Between May to September, the waves are quite small creating the best atmosphere for surfing and swimming. You will find many places for accommodations like the Condo rentals or Turtle Bay resorts nearby.
Uluwatu Paradise For Surfers, Bali
It is known as a paradise for surfers in Bali. This place is filled with clifftop resorts and beaches. This place attracts many surfers all around the year. Apart from this you can enjoy beautiful temples, panoramic landscapes, eat and drink or maybe walk around the beach. This place is quite famous for couples as it is one of the romantic destinations. Don’t miss out on hiking experience or taking photographs here. If you are a swimmer and a surfer this place has plenty of things for you to offer.
Lagos is a small town in Portugal. This place is known for stunning beaches, buzzing nightlife along with surfing. This is one of the most preferred holiday destinations for tourists who love beaches. Lagos is popular not only for surfing but also for diving, windsurfing, kitesurfing, and stands up paddleboarding. The best season for surfing is the winter and autumn season.
Tips to Follow While Surfing
These are the following tips to follow while you go for surfing:
- Try to surf at the spot where there are few people. So, you could get better and faster. Try to avoid it if you are a beginner.
- Shuffle up your feet while moving in and out of the water. This will help you to get better hold in water and as a result, your chances of getting hit by a strong wave will reduce.
- Avoid bad posture, bending your back instead bend your knees to get in a better position.
- Unfortunately, if you are caught up by a wave and are about to fall. Don’t let your head hit first. Just don’t! Instead, flop onto your side. Cover your face and head using your arms.
- You are going to fall or get knocked down by the wave but trust us, the experience is worthy. So, if you are a beginner don’t be afraid to fall instead enjoy to the fullest.
- If you are a beginner go for a big surfing board for more surface.
- Before you jump into water remember to do some exercise to warm up your body. Stretch your muscles properly to avoid cramps.
- You might be a pro at it but remember to study waves at first. Don’t be in a hurry to chase big ones.
- If you are breaking a way you can choose to duck it or go over it but stay perpendicular in both the cases.
- If you are new to surfing then, try learning it from someone who is a pro at it. Learning to surf all by yourself is quite tough and dangerous.
Some frequent questions asked are:
1) Which are the best places for surfing?
Playa Grande, Costa Rica
Tofo Beach, Mozambique
2) Where is the probability of not finding any shark?
Near the French coast and north coast of Scotland there is very little or no probability of finding any shark.
3) Can you learn surfing in your 40’s?
Yes, definitely you can learn surfing at any age unless and until your body and mind support you. Just remember passion has no age.
4) Name the highest paid surfer in the world?
John John Florence is the highest paid surfer in the world.
5) Which are the best spots in California for beginners in surfing?
Some of the best places to surf in California for beginners are:
6) Which is the safest place to surf for beginners?
Morro Bay, California
San Onofre, California
county line, California
Cocoa Beach, Florida
7) Who explored surfing for the first time?
Surfing was explored by Joseph Bank of England to discover surfing for the first time.
8) Who is known as ‘’the best surfer of all time’’?
Robert Kelly Slater is famous as the best surfer of all time’’.You will be surprised to know that his surfing career began at the age of six. By reaching the age of 11 he won many championships.
So if you love water and want to explore beautiful beaches, this article might have surely helped you. While you surf keep a few things in mind.
If you are a beginner don’t haunt for huge waves just don’t leave your surfboard and don’t steal some other person’s waves. So, look on both sides before you take off the surf. Try to contact locals at some nearby surfing school or get an idea about the surfing spot. If you fall off your surfboard cover your head with your arms. Avoid falling at the head first. Last but not the least surfing is a responsibility, so follow some surfing’s basic antiquates.
What are you waiting to take your surfing board and just dive in?